Welcome to El Centro!
We are excited to have you visit our college. We offer a variety of programs at the college such as Nursing, Culinary, Surgical Careers, Fashion Design and Interior Design, Information Technology and many more.
We will be glad to show you around our downtown campus. El Centro College is located at 801 Main Street Dallas, TX 75202 (across from the West End and DART station).
Please review our tour guidelines prior to sending in your Campus Tour Request Form.
As of right now, we only offer group tours.
Not in a group? No problem, we invite you to do a self-walk tour of our campus. Be sure to pick up a map in the Marketing Office, B260.
Please fill out the campus tour request form
and email your completed request form to one of the tour contact persons listed below.
Can we have lunch on campus?
Yes. We have a Subway located in our Student Center. Your group can purchase their lunch and eat on campus. We also have a wide variety of restaurants in the West End and around the downtown campus.
You may also have your students/group bring a brown bag lunch and purchase a drink from our vending machines.
No Coolers/Ice Chests are allowed on campus.
Please let us know if your group is planning on having lunch on campus so we can designate an area for you.
We ask that you clean up after your group has had lunch. No drinks/food are allowed in classroom areas.
El Centro Tour Guidelines:
Our own faculty members and staff volunteer to speak to the groups visiting our campus.
During the summer months, we can not guarantee that we will have a speaker available during your tour
, but we are glad to show your group around the campus. Availability will vary.
Spring 2015 Semester
Downtown Campus tours are only scheduled within the current semester.
Please do not make any transportation arrangements until you receive a tour confirmation from El Centro College.
- Campus Tours will be offered February 2 - April 30, 2015
- No campus tours are available over Spring Break (March 9-13). All DCCCD colleges will be closed.
- Campus Tour Contacts:
- Elementary & Middle Schools - Porshea Johnson, College Transition Center, 214-860-2786, email@example.com
- High Schools & Other Organizations -The campus tour calendar is full at this time.
- All schools/organizations requesting a campus tour must fill out the Tour Request Form
Your campus tour request form can be faxed to:
- Porshea Johnson: Elementary & Middle Schools Fax: 214-860-2417
- Carol Carosilva: High Schools & Misc. Organizations Fax: 214-860-2207
- Tour request forms must be submitted at least 1-2 weeks before the requested date.
- In order for El Centro to conduct a campus tour, the tour group must consist of at least 10 people or more, and at least one teacher/counselor must accompany the group during the entire tour.
- Tours will be conducted Tuesday through Thursday, between 12 - 2:30 p.m.
No weekend or evening tours available at this time!
- Tours are not available on Fridays, the day before/after a holiday, or during the first/last 2 weeks of the semester due to final exams & staff/faculty availability.
- Tours will be conducted by the Marketing staff and other college staff members (when available).
- For larger groups that have more than 10 students, the group will be broken down into two or more groups. More than one teacher or counselor from the visiting school/organization will need to accompany each group during the entire tour.
El Centro College