Update: All El Centro campuses will be closed ALL DAY Thursday, March 5, due to bad weather. Day and evening classes will not be held.
An assessment of computer literacy
Students will be charged a credit-by-exam fee and will also need to purchase a password in the College Bookstore to gain access to the computerized test.
COSC 1301 credit-by-exam - What is it? When can I take it?
- A computer literacy exam prepared, executed and graded by El Centro College
- Some students take the course and the credit is applied towards a computer science major or minor.
- Some students elect to “test out” by taking COSC 1301 credit-by-exam.
- Students must be enrolled in one of the colleges of the DCCCD to receive credit-by-exam.
- Students may not receive credit-by-exam in courses for which they are currently enrolled.
- Students who pass the exam will be granted "CR" for credit rather than a letter grade.
- Exam may be taken once and it will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
- 2-part test which must be passed with a minimum of 70% on each part
- computerized skills assessment for lab component topics (2 hours)
- computerized objective assessment for lecture component topics (1 hour)
- Friday only appointments
- Administered on one computer test station in A-060
- Phone appointments are acceptable.
- Proper signatures on the application are required prior to test administration.