Spring 2020 classes have resumed online.
Please visit dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to learn how to prepare for online classes.

Graduation Application

Graduating at El Centro College

To receive a diploma or certificate, you must complete an Application for Graduation. You should apply for graduation when you are enrolled in the last course(s) required for your degree. Diplomas and certificates are awarded at the end of the Fall semester, Spring semester (which includes Winter term), and Summer semester (which includes May term). It will take six to eight weeks after a semester ends to process all of the applications. You will receive an email when your degree or certificate has been awarded and when your certificate or diploma is ready to be picked up at the Admissions Office (A169).

Students should have met the following general degree and certificate requirements, in addition to other graduation requirements:

  • Must complete the course requirements for your degree or certificate within five (5) years of the catalog year selected
  • Provide up-to-date official transcripts from other institutions attended before the degree or certificate is awarded
  • Meet all State of Texas Success Initiative requirements or be exempt or waived.
  • Earn at least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation through instruction (not credit-by-examination) by the college of the DCCCD granting the award.
  • Meet the GPA requirements of the program
  • In order to be eligible for multiple associate degrees, at least fifteen (15) hours within any additional degree must be unique to that degree and not part of any degrees previously earned from the colleges of the DCCCD.

Apply for Graduation


El Centro College may graduate current and former students who have met graduation requirements with or without the student's permission. If you plan to continue taking courses in any of the colleges of the DCCCD after you complete your degree and you wish to receive financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible.