TeXes Teacher Certification
Certifying teachers in the state of Texas.
The El Centro Testing Center is an ETS Certified Test Administration Site.
- The El Centro Testing Center participates in the Texas Educator Certification Program through which the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TeXes) is among the many exams offered.
- Practice tests, test center locations, and registration for the exam are available online.
- The El Centro Testing Center is open to everyone who is properly registered, regardless of race, color, creed, or national origin.
- Testing Staff are fully qualified, trained and certified to administer the test.
- The Testing Center is adequately equipped with state of the art equipment.
- Examinees must bring proper identification (i.e., admissions ticket, drivers license, passports, etc.) as defined by ETS.
- Examinees must sign a Confidentially Statement as required by ETS – this is provided by the Testing Center.
Links for Additional Information:
- CTAS Facility Administrator
- 15 Internet-connected computers, which run the Windows Operating System and are no more than 3 years old
- The ability to dedicate these resources to ETS testing only on 15-30 test dates per year, primarily Fridays and Saturdays
- The ability to restrict other activities in the room during an estimated 6-hour test period
- Verifying test registrations
- Seating students at individual computers
- Ensuring ETS testing software is working properly on each PC