All El Centro College Campuses will be closed in observance of the Independence Day Holiday from Friday, July 3rd through Sunday, July 5th.
TeXes Teacher Certification
Certifying teachers in the state of Texas.
The El Centro Testing Center is an ETS Certified Test Administration Site.
- The El Centro Testing Center participates in the Texas Educator Certification Program through which the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TeXes) is among the many exams offered.
- Practice tests, test center locations, and registration for the exam are available online.
- The El Centro Testing Center is open to everyone who is properly registered, regardless of race, color, creed, or national origin.
- Testing Staff are fully qualified, trained and certified to administer the test.
- The Testing Center is adequately equipped with state of the art equipment.
- Examinees must bring proper identification (i.e., admissions ticket, drivers license, passports, etc.) as defined by ETS.
- Examinees must sign a Confidentially Statement as required by ETS – this is provided by the Testing Center.
Links for Additional Information:
- CTAS Facility Administrator
- 15 Internet-connected computers, which run the Windows Operating System and are no more than 3 years old
- The ability to dedicate these resources to ETS testing only on 15-30 test dates per year, primarily Fridays and Saturdays
- The ability to restrict other activities in the room during an estimated 6-hour test period
- Verifying test registrations
- Seating students at individual computers
- Ensuring ETS testing software is working properly on each PC