Class size is limited each year, so apply early during the spring semester of your senior year in high school. The Rising Star Class of 2017 will be open to eligible high school students graduating in 2017 beginning Feb 1.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the admissions application online, by mail or fax, or in person.
- Complete a Rising Star application online (eConnect - login required). Contact the Rising Star Office to ask about any additional paperwork that you may need to finish for your application.
- Request a current, official high school transcript from your high school registrar or counselor and submit it to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office. Your final, official transcript after graduation will be required as evidence that you have completed the requirements for high school graduation.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as your parents’ income taxes have been filed. You can submit the FAFSA beginning Jan. 1 of your senior year in high school.
Or, if you are an undocumented student and are not eligible for federal aid, print a copy of the FAFSA application (PDF - 1.9MB) and submit it with your family income information to the Financial Aid Office.
- After you have completed the first four steps listed above, schedule a visit with the Rising Star advisor at your college to review the records and to make sure that you have submitted (and the college has received) all of the documents that are required to complete your application.
You’re on your way ... apply today!
Contact the Financial Aid Office for information about additional forms of aid that might be available to you.