All El Centro College Campuses will be closed in observance of the Independence Day Holiday from Friday, July 3rd through Sunday, July 5th.
Credit by Examination
Earn college credit through Credit-by-Examination
El Centro College has developed "Credit by Exam" options. Registration materials are available. There is a $25 fee for each examination.
Who can test for credit-by-examination?
How many exams can I take? When will I receive scores? What grade can I earn?
- Students who already meet the requirements of a course by experience or training
- Students who are not currently enrolled in the actual course of the examination
- Students who are currently enrolled at the college that receives the credit-by-examination
- Final acceptance of credit-by-examination for specific degree purposes is determined by the degree-granting institution.
What are the courses for Credit by Examination? What are the tests that are offered?
- You may earn as many credits through examination as your ability permits and needs require.
- At least 25% of the credit hours required for graduation must be taken through instruction.
- Credit by examination may be attempted only one time for any given course.
- A minimum score must be earned in order for credit to be recorded.
- Those who successfully complete an approved credit-by-examination may choose to have either the grade earned or "CR" recorded on the transcript.
- Only letter grades of A, B, or C for credit-by-examination will be calculated into the GPA.
- Scores of "CR" are recorded to the transcript, but not factored into your GPA.
- The Registrar's Office has information about the courses for which credit-by-exam is available.
- Tests to take at El Centro: CLEP, Instructor Made Exams, AP
- Tests to take at BJP: DANTES