Mission StatementThe El Centro Physics Department strives to provide quality instruction that is coupled and reinforced by hands-on, practical laboratory experience. The students receive an educational experience with the following characteristics:
- Practical real-life applications related to everyday-life as well as to specific disciplines that students may transfer to such as engineering, computer science and Allied health professions.
- Student assessment is performance-based and emphasis is placed on critical thinking and problem-solving methodology.
- Team-work and brain-storming techniques are emphasized in both class and laboratory settings.
The Physics Department is proud to nurture all students through proper advising, instructing, evaluating, and equipping transfer students with the necessary solid-foundation to succeed in further higher-educational goals.
- PHYS 1401 College Physics I
- PHYS 1402 College Physics II
- PHYS 2425 University Physics I
- PHYS 2426 University Physics II
Full Time FacultySanan Abderrahman (Program Coordinator) 214-860-2709 email@example.com