Additional Food and Hospitality Institute-Related Information
Note: Links to the following websites are provided for your convenience and information and do not constitute official endorsement by the colleges of DCCCD.
- American Hotel & Lodging is the not-for-profit, charitable-giving and fundraising affiliate of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, providing scholarships and funding for school-to-career and workforce development initiatives.
- The American Culinary Federation is a professional organization for chefs and cooks founded in 1929. It promotes the professional image of American chefs worldwide through education at all levels offers culinary competitions, certification, a national apprenticeship program, regional and national events and more to help foster the growth of professional chefs and the food service industry. The American Culinary Federation also has a Texas Chefs Association.
- Club Managers Association of America has nearly 7,000 members across all classifications of managers running country, golf, city, athletic, faculty, yacht, town and military clubs.
- The Dallas Dietetic Association advocates the dietetic profession at local, state and national levels and promotes professional opportunities for registered and licensed dieticians.
- Les Dames D’Escoffier International is a worldwide association dedicated to supporting and promoting the achievements of women in the culinary profession and has a Dallas chapter.
- The Greater Dallas Restaurant Association is a local chapter of the Texas Restaurant Association and promotes growth of the DFW restaurant industry by providing educational programs, public awareness campaigns and grass-roots governmental affairs initiatives. Its more than 800 members make it one of the largest trade associations in the metroplex.
- Retail Bakers of America aims to improve the operation and profitability of retail bakeries through learning opportunities, shared best practices, networking and industry communication.
- The Texas Restaurant Association offers academic programs, educator resources, events, certification and training, governmental affairs news and legal advice and sponsors a monthly online magazine, Restaurantville Monthly.