HESI A2 Admissions Assessment Exam
HESI A2 Report Requirements:
View information for applicants
Questions/Answers to Who, What, When, Where and Why
WHO? New students that are applying to the following programs:
- Associate Degree Nursing (including Distance Learning)
- LVN to RN Advanced Placement "Bridge"
- Allied Health Programs:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Echocardiology and Pediatric Echocardiology
- Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology
- Vocational Nursing
WHAT is the HESI A2 exam?The HESI A2 exam is a standardized test to assess basic academic skills students will need to succeed in the selected Health Occupation Programs.
Students will be tested over the following five (5) categories:
- Vocabulary/General Knowledge
- Anatomy and Physiology (not required for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Echocardiology, Pediatric Echocardiology, or Radiologic Technology programs)
WHEN can a student take the HESI A2 exam?Requirement for each site may have different guidelines. The Paramount Testing Center recommends students sign up for only one testing appointment at a time and after reviewing your testing results, study the recommended weak areas before signing up for another appointment. There are neither refunds nor rescheduling of tests.
Note: Students are strongly encouraged to complete the following courses before taking the HESI A2:
- English Composition I (ENGL 1301)
- College Algebra (MATH 1314)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (SCIT 1407 or BIOL 2401)
WHERE can I go to take the HESI A2 exam?A student may take the HESI A2 at any testing site including the Paramount Testing Center at El Centro and Northlake Colleges.
WHY is the HESI A2 test required?Based on research findings, a student's HESI A2 test scores suggest their basic skill proficiency and may be a more accurate indicator of their potential classroom success in a Health Occupations program.
HESI Net Prep classes are available through Continuing Education at El Centro College, Continuing Education, Class Schedule, HESI/Medication Aide Re-certification, HESI Admission Prep course list of dates/times and registration information.
HESI A2 Steps
Create New Evolve/Elsevier Account by clicking the link below:
- How to use the calendar (PDF)
- How to sign up and pay online step by step directions (PDF)
- View the Calendar