Ready to make 2013 your best year ever? Then register now for DCCCD Winter and Spring term credit classes. Your future is in your hands!At just $52 per credit hour (or $156 per three-credit-hour class) for Dallas County residents, DCCCD offers one of the best educational bargains around. (Learn more about our tuition.)
If you’re new to college, plan to start the registration process early. You must complete the application, orientation, assessment and advising process before you can register for classes. (Learn more about the admissions process). Also, you may need to show proof of meningitis vaccination to register.
New! Spring Registration Ends Earlier Than Usual
If you’re a returning student, you may think you know how registration works. But a few things will be different this time, so pay attention.
Registration for Spring will end Jan. 16, 2013 — several days before classes start on Jan. 22. So it’s more important than ever before to register early.
Flex term registration will also stop on Jan. 16 and start again on Jan. 22.
Have questions? Contact an academic advisor at your college as soon as possible.
Get More From Your Winter Break
Are you a highly motivated student who can devote time to an intense, fast-paced program of study? Then consider enrolling in a Winter term course. This minimester lets you earn three or more credit hours in just a few weeks.
The Winter term class schedule is different at each college. However, it typically lasts from mid-December through early January. Winter term course offerings vary by college, also; subjects include accounting, art appreciation, child development, English, fitness, history, psychology and many more.
The weather will still be chilly, but Spring term credit classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 22.
When to Register:
- Priority registration (open to returning students) begins Tuesday, Nov. 20, and ends Sunday, Nov. 25.
- Regular registration (open to all students) starts Monday, Nov. 26, andends Wednesday, Jan. 16.
Note that we also offer Flex Term classes that don’t follow the regular semester schedules.
How to Register:
- Register online (if you are eligible) or
- Register on campus
Note that dates and times for on-campus registration may vary by college; visit your college’s website for the most current information.
If you are new to DCCCD, we strongly recommend that you register in person at the college you plan to attend so you can get information about course prerequisites, the degrees we offer, the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), tuition and other important topics.
Important Notes About Registration:
- Can’t register online? Learn about the most common reasons.
- Our offices will be closed Nov. 22-23 and Dec. 24-Jan. 1, but online registration will still be available for eligible students.
- Students with an eConnect login can plan their schedules on eConnect with Plan My Schedule, and all students can browse credit classes or search for credit classes using eConnect.
- Winter term class schedules vary by college. Spring semester credit classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 22.(See the2012-2013 academic calendar for other important Spring semester dates.)
- Stop Before You Drop: Under Texas law, students who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education (including DCCCD) for the first time in fall 2007 or later may not drop more than six courses during their entire undergraduate career. See our catalog for more information.