Attention Students: Proof of Meningitis Vaccine required for Spring 2012
What: New state of Texas immunization requirement for meningitis
When: Effective for Spring 2012 semester
Who: You must provide DCCCD with proof of meningitis vaccine if:
- You are enrolling for the first time.
- You are returning after a semester break in enrollment.
Exemptions: You are exempt from this state law if:
- Dual Credit students taking classes at their high school will not be required to provide proof
- You are 30 years or older.
- You are enrolled in totally online or distance learning courses.
- You submit an affidavit declining the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. (You must submit the exemption form from the Texas Department of State Health Services.) Located at: