What is Rising Star?
Am I eligible for Rising Star?
Program Mission Statement: The El Centro Rising Star Office provides academic and financial student support services to low income, high performing Dallas county high school graduates, in an effort to provide them access to a quality education in an urban, multicultural setting.
- The Rising Star Program is designed to provide student success support to Dallas county high school graduates who desire to pursue a college degree or certificate. In addition to graduating from a Dallas county high school, applicants must do so with a "B" average; or must be in the top 40 percent of their class; or must be able to successfully test and meet all college-level Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements. Additionally, students must have financial need.
- We provide up to $4,000 to each Rising Star approved student to be used towards tuition and books.
- We provide the following student services:
- Academic Advising
- New Student Orientation
- Financial Aid Application Assistance (FAFSA & TASFA)
- Free Tutoring
- Degree & Career Planning
- 4-yr. College/ University Transfer Assistance
- Cultural Events & Trips
- University Field Trips
- Educational and Success Skill Workshops
- Rising Star Club