Job Search Tools
Jobs for Students
Jobs for Completers
Employers – Students
Employers – Graduates
Searching for that Perfect Job to Stay in School
We offer several Job Search tools.
Job Bank Lab
Our Career Center has a full service lab with tools for a student's job search.
- Computers -
- loaded with selected resume preparation software and connected to the internet for job search.
- Printing -
- with our Pay-for-Print system costs only pennies per page.
- Copying -
- up to ten resumes can be copied on quality paper without charge.
- Fax -
- use our fax to send up to four cover letters and applications each day.
- Customer Service -
- staff is available to guide you in the use of the lab and refer you to resources.
Help Wanted Series
El Centro participates in the DCCCD Job Listing Service which lists hundreds of jobs from Dallas area employers wanting to hire students and graduates.
- Sign up! – Students need to come by the Career Center in Room A-210 to register. Former students and alumni can call 214-860-2066 to register.
- Log In! – After you register Your Job Search Starts Here!
ECC Job Boards – For students that are about to complete their degree or certificate, special notices called "Hot Jobs" are posted on the Career Services job board.
- Employers can come on campus to fill immediate job openings. Watch for posters at the entrances and around campus for a notice of who is hiring on campus.
Career Fairs are offered both Spring and Fall semesters and are more than just another Job Fair. Students have the opportunity to prepare for the job fair using the services listed above.
A student prepared to impress will have a professional resume, will be dressed in appropriate business attire, will interview the recruiter rather than be interviewed. Students will also be able to follow up after the Job Fair.
Fall Career Fair – September 20, 2011 – 9 am to 1 pm. This Job Fair is open to the public without charge. Most employers are selected, however, to help students who need a part time job to stay in school.
Spring Career Fair – April 11, 2012 – 9 am to 1 pm. This Job Fair is open to the public without charge. Most employers are selected, however, to help students who want Internships and full-time work related to their program of study.
Job Fair Location:
The Student Center in B Building at the Downtown Campus. Other Job Fairs are held at our Bill J. Priest Campus throughout the year.