Jobs for the Future
CCNA Security Certification
Cisco Networking Academy
El Centro College, located in downtown Dallas, is an approved Cisco Networking Academy, offering CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional), CCNA (Cisco Certified Networking Associate), Network Security, Wireless LANs, and Voice over IP (VoIP) training.
- Learn how to design, build, and maintain networks and prepare for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam.
- Learn to configure and maintain more complex networks and prepare for the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) exam.
- Learn core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices.
- Learn CVoice, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Quality of Service and troubleshooting.
- Fast track (7 ½ week) and semester length courses
- Evening and Weekend, credit and non-credit classes available
- Face to Face and Hybrid classes
|CCNA 1 - ITCC 1401
||CCNP 1 - ITCC 2450
|CCNA 2 - ITCC 1404
||CCNP 2 - ITCC 2451
|CCNA 3 - ITCC 2408
||CCNP 3 - ITCC 2452
|CCNA 4 - ITCC 2410
||CCNP 4 - ITCC 2453
|CCNA Security - CPMT 2334/2434
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) –
|See Class Schedule for offerings.
The Cisco Certification program offered at El Centro College trains students for a variety of IT jobs, including network support specialist, network control technician, hardware/telecom field support technician, LAN/WAN technician, network specialist, and network systems technician. These positions are in employment categories defined by the Information Technology Association of America (ITAA), American Electronics Association (AEA), and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Growth and demand are predicted for the next several years.
In addition to certification preparation, courses taken for credit can be applied toward one of the following awards, certificates or associate degrees.